And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying…
I. THE ILLUSTRIOUS PERSONAGE DESCRIBED.
1. His spotless charchter. "A white horse."
2. His warfare. "A bow."
3. His exaltation to regal dignity. "A crown."
4. His gradual conquest. "Conquering and to conquer."
II. SENTIMENTS AND REFLECTIONS SUITABLE TO THE SUBJECT.
1. We should cultivate and cherish the most exalted estimate of the person of Jesus Christ.
2. The imminent peril in which those are placed who continue among the adversaries of Jesus Christ.
3. Are you among His true and faithful subjects?
4. Strive, by every means in your power, to advance the extent and glory of His dominion.
(J. Clayton, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.