And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.…
I. THE SUPREMACY OF CHRIST OVER ALL TURBULENT AND SEEMINGLY UNCONTROLLABLE FORCES.
1. The act represents Christ's supremacy over the physical world.
2. This act is symbolical of Christ's supremacy over the mental and moral disorders which agitate the world.
II. THE BEARING OF CHRIST'S SUPREMACY ON CERTAIN ASPECTS OF TRUTH AND CONDUCT.
1. In relation to His promises to each of His disciples. He will fulfil His word both because He wishes and can.
2. In relation to the establishment of His kingdom on earth.
3. In relation to the day of resurrection and judgment.Christ's supremacy over nature affects diversely different classes of character.
1. It is an occasion of fear and dread to those who are alien in heart and life to Him.
2. Of consolation to those who are loyal to Him.
(C. Chapman, M. A.)
1. Undertake no enterprize in which Christ does not accompany you.
2. Distinguish between storms which you have provoked, and the storms which God has appointed.
3. Be assured that all forces are under the control of Divine beneficence.
(Dr. J. Parker.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.