But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
1. This meeting trouble half way is both a sin and an act of folly. God watches over us as individuals. We are doubting God's love and care for us.
2. This habit of looking out for sorrows makes us forget our past and present blessings.
3. It is a sin to meet sorrow half way, because our present troubles are sufficient without seeking for others.
4. It is a sin because it is a want of faith in God.
5. It makes us melancholy, suspicious, and unfit for duty.
Parallel VersesKJV: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.