And the LORD said to Joshua, Get you up; why lie you thus on your face?…
1. How necessary to Christian success is the presence of God.
2. When that presence is withheld, there is generally a cause.
3. When the presence of God is withheld, the Christian should be humbled and make inquiry before God.
4. Sin is the cause of the Divine displeasure, and must be searched out.
5. Mark the progress of sin. He who parleys with sin is half-way towards embracing it.
6. Behold the fatal termination of sin.
(J. G. Breay, B. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?