I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
I. THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION THE SAVIOUR IS PLEASED TO COMMUNICATE IN THIS PASSAGE.
1. The figurative mode of expression He employs.
2. The evident sense of His communication. Christ precedes all things by the eternity of His nature; He pervades all things by the omnipresence of His Spirit; He survives all things by the immortality of His nature.
II. THE SOLEMN CONFIRMATION CHRIST DEIGNS TO AFFORD. He announces —
1. The eternity of His duration.
2. The omnipotency in His possession. Christ says that He is the Almighty.
III. THE BLESSED CONSOLATION THE SAVIOUR DESIGNS TO BESTOW.
1. The security it affords to the believer amid the calamitous changes of life.
2. The stability of the Church amid the overthrow of empires.
3. The immortality of the Christian amid the ravages of death.
Parallel VersesKJV: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.