Which he worked in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,…
1. Our Saviour Christ, as man, is taken to have prerogative before every other creature.
(1) This being so, what reverence ought we to show Him in all our services about Him whose excellence is so high above every creature.
(2) Having one so eminent for our Saviour and Mediator, let us cleave contented to Him, caring to know nothing but Him, accounting all dross that we may be found in Christ.
2. Christ not only as God, but as man also, has power over every creature.
(1) What reason have we, then, to subject ourselves to Him.
(2) Let this strengthen our confidence that He will subdue for us all our enemies.
3. Christ is crowned with glory at God's right hand before and above all things.
(1) This should draw up our hearts to heaven, where He now sits in majesty. Should we have some friends highly advanced, though in parts very remote from us, we would long to see them and make a journey to them.
(2) This assures us that all we who are Christ's shall in due time be brought to heaven where He is. The Head and members must be united (John 17:24).
4. There is a world to come, in which those who are Christ's shall reign with Him forever.
(1) This should afford comfort to us in the trials and sorrows of this present life.
Parallel VersesKJV: Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,