And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
1. Those in whom there is the light of grace and true knowledge must not walk in evil works, nor communicate in them.
(1). Not to have fellowship in sin is not to be an agent in sin, in whole, alone, or in part with others, neither in greater or less measure to live in it.
(2) Not to be accessory unto the sins of others; as
(a) By provoking to sin.
(b) By commanding.
(c) By counselling.
(d) By consenting.
(e) By carelessness to prevent sin.
(f) By not repressing sin when it has entered.
(g) By applauding sin.
(h) By not testifying against sin.
(3) Not to have fellowship with sin binds us to avoid the appearance of evil.
(4) It binds us to turn from it with detestation.
2. The ways of sin bring no good to those that walk in them.
3. Those who walk in light must reprove and convince those who walk in evil.
Parallel VersesKJV: And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.