Whereby, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)…
1. God does not in all ages give the same measure of light to His Church.
2. By degrees He revealed the Messiah to His people.
3. The whole will of God is made known to us.
(1) How foolish are those who will believe no more than their fathers believed.
(2) How thankful should we be, that we have so much greater light than those under the law.
4. Since Christ came to declare to us the will of God, we have the mystery of salvation more fully opened; we must therefore yield the greater obedience.
5. The things of God are revealed to us by the Spirit. Let us then seek His aid —
(1) By prayer.
(2) By attendance on the Word and Sacraments.
(3) By a Christian course of obedience.
Parallel VersesKJV: Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)