If you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
The ministerial calling is termed grace, because the designing to it is of grace, and the faculty qualifying us for it is from the free favour of God.
1. This assures ministers that their sufferings are for the good of the people, if they know they have a calling from God.
2. God distributes callings for the good of His Church.
3. As God gives ministers their calling, so also their people toward whom He will bless their labours. Every minister must be
(3) Have his pastoral charge assigned him.When the Lord lights candles, He finds candlesticks on which to set them, and when He gives a calling, He gives a people amongst whom this function should be exercised.
4. People are specially to depend on their own pastor.
Parallel VersesKJV: If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: