Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:…
1. A good heart must be ready, on consideration of God's benefits, to break forth into praise. St. Paul cannot speak or think of them, but his heart and mouth glorify God.
2. Every Christian heart is to magnify God, in that He has been the God of Christ our Lord.
3. The sense and knowledge of God blessing us is that which makes Him bless us again.
4. God blesses all His children, and bestows on them many gifts.
5. The faithful ones and sanctified are they who are blessed of the Father.
6. Spiritual blessings make the regenerate man thankful.
7. All our blessings are given us in the heavens.
(1) There they are first framed.
(2) From thence they come to us.
(3) There the consummation of them is reserved.
(4) How secure, then, they are.
(5) This should stir up our hearts heavenward.
(6) A great ground of patience.
8. God deals liberally with His children, giving them all kinds of spiritual blessings.
(1) Good things conferred;
(2) evil things warded off;
(3) election, predestination, etc.
9. We come to be blessed in and through Christ our Lord.
(1) To Christ, then, we must give praise for all we have received.
(2) We must strive to attain closer communion with Christ.
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: