And Noah built an altar to the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
I. THE ACCEPTANCE OF NOAH'S SACRIFICE AND ITS TYPICAL IMPORT.
1. Look at the acceptance of Noah's sacrifice.
2. Noah's sacrifice was typical of Christ's, and like His brought a blessing on the world.
II. THE WISE ECONOMY OF GOD, IN HIS WISE LAWS OF NATURE FOR TEMPORAL BLESSINGS.
1. The wisdom and benevolence of God are visible in the variety of the seasons, and in the profusion of earthly blessings.
2. The wisdom of God is visible for faith in all His providential arrangements for the good of the world.
III. PRACTICAL REFLECTIONS.
1. Reflect that it is because of Christ's sacrifice the whole world is blessed.
2. Reflect how God deals with sinful men in great long suffering mercy.
3. Reflect and remember that the Lord Jesus shall stand like Noah, when a deluge of fire rolls over this world.
(J. G. Angley, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.