Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all…
To cleave to the Lord is —
1. To adhere to Him as the Revealer of the Truth, and to the Truth as revealed by Him.
2. To make Him the object of our constant faith.
3. To abide in His commandments.
4. To follow His example, who went about doing good and bore His Cross.
5. To abide in Him who is the fountain of grace and the Giver of the Spirit.
6. To cling to Him as our Portion and Happiness.
(J. W. Alexander, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.