1 Peter 1:10-12
Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come to you:…
I. THE THINGS WHICH THE ANGELS CONTEMPLATE.
2. The grace of the gospel.
3. The sufferings of Christ.
4. The glory that should follow.
II. THE MANNER IN WHICH THE ANGELS CONTEMPLATE THESE THINGS.
2. Humbly and reverentially.
3. With eager and prevailing desire.
III. THE INSTRUCTIONS AND ADMONITIONS WHICH THEIR CONTEMPLATION OF THESE THINGS AFFORDS TO US. The desire which angels manifest to look into these things, teaches —
1. The dignity and the glory of the Son of God, who has furnished them with such subjects of contemplation,
2. The magnitude and importance of the work of redemption.
3. The means which we must use, in order to be influenced by them ourselves. We must "look" into them — we must make them the subject of devout and studious contemplation.
4. The propriety and the duty of making them known to all mankind.
5. The criminality of those persons who treat the same things with indifference and neglect.
Parallel VersesKJV: Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: