1. Christ was the subject of Old Testament prophecy: so also is the Antichrist; many are the predictions which describe this coming one, see especially Dan.11:21-45.
2. The Lord Jesus was typified by many Old Testament characters such as Abel, Joseph, Moses, David, etc. So also will the Antichrist be: such characters as Cain, Pharaoh, Absolom, Saul, etc., foreshadow the Man of Sin. We shall devote a separate chapter to this most fascinating and totally neglected branch of our subject.3. Christ was revealed only at God's appointed time: such will also be the case with the Antichrist. Of the one we read, "But when the fulness of time was come, God sent forth His Son" (Gal.4:4); of the other it is said, "And now we know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time" (2 Thess.2:6).
4. Christ was a Man, a real Man, "the Man Christ Jesus" (1 Tim.2:5); so also will the Antichrist be -- "that Man of Sin" (2 Thess.2:3).5. But Christ was more than a man; He was the God-Man; so also will the Antichrist be more than a man: the Super-man.
6. Christ was, according to the flesh, a Jew (Rom.1:3); so also will the Antichrist be -- for proofs see chapter three, section one.7. Christ will make a covenant with Israel (Heb.8:8); so also will the Antichrist (Dan.9:27).
8. Christ is our "Great High Priest;" so Antichrist will yet be Israel's great high priest (Ezek.21:26).
9. Christ was and will be the King of the Jews (Matt.2:1); so also will the Antichrist be (Dan.11:36).
10. Christ will be the King of kings (Rev.17:14); so also will the Antichrist be (Rev.17:12, 13).
11. Christ wrought miracles: of Him it is said "approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs" (Acts 2:22); so also will the Antichrist, concerning whom it is written, "whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders" (2 Thess.2:9).
12. Christ's public ministry was limited to three years and a half; so also will the Antichrist's final ministry be (Rev.13:5).13. Christ is shown to us riding a "white horse" (Rev.19:11); so also is the Antichrist (Rev.6:2).
14. Christ will return to the earth as Prince of Peace (Isa.9:6, 7); so also will the Antichrist introduce an era of peace (Dan.11:21); it is to this that 1 Thess.5:3 directly refers.
15. Christ is entitled "the Morning Star" (Rev.22:16); so also is the Antichrist (Isa.14:12).
16. Christ is referred to as Him "which was, and is, and is to come" (Rev.4:8); the Antichrist is referred to as him that "was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit" (Rev.17:8).17. Christ died and rose again; so also will the Antichrist (Rev.13:3).
18. Christ will be the object of universal worship (Phil.2:10); so also will the Antichrist (Rev.13:4).
19. The followers of the Lamb will be sealed in their foreheads (Rev.7:3; 14:1); so also will the followers of the Beast (Rev.13:16, 17).
20. Christ has been followed by the Holy Spirit who causes men to worship Him; so the Antichrist will be followed by the Anti-spirit -- the False Prophet -- who will cause men to worship the Beast (Rev.13:12).
There is no need for us to make any comments on these striking correspondences: they speak for themselves. They show the incredible lengths to which God will permit Satan to go in mimicking the Lord Jesus. We turn now to consider: