1. O Domine da quod jubes et jube quod vis.
Grant me to do what Thou commandest, O my Lord, and command what Thou wilt.
2. O vita animæ meæ!
O life of my soul!
3. In manus Tuas Domine commendo spiritum meum.
Into Thy hands, O Lord, I do commend my spirit.
4. Paratum cor meum Deus, paratum cor meum.
My heart is ready, O my God, my Heart is ready.
5. Ecce ego; mitte me.
Lo, here I am; send me.
6. Domine quid mihi est in coelo et a Te quid volui super terram?
O Lord, what is there in heaven, or what upon earth, that I would have besides Thee?
7. Domine quid me vis facere?
Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?
8. Heu mihi quia incolatus meus prolongatus est!
O woe is to me, that my sojourning is prolonged!
9. Domine Tu scis quia amo Te, et animam meam ponam pro Te.
Thou knowest, O Lord, that I love Thee, and will bestow my life for Thee.
10. Quemadmodum desiderat cervus ad fontes aquarum, ita desiderat anima me ad Te Deus.
Even as the hart doth thirst after the fountain of waters, so doth my soul thirst after Thee, O God.
11. Cupio dissolvi et esse cum Christo.
I desire to be dissolved and to be with Christ.
12. Quando veniam et apparebo ante faciem Domini?
When shall I come and appear before the face of our Lord?
13. Precor coelestem Regem, ut me dolentem nimium faciat eum cernere.
I beseech the Heavenly King to cause me (who am very much grieved for want of it) to come to the sight of Him whom I so much love.
14. Domine si inveni gratiam in oculis Tuis, ostende faciem Tuam.
Lord, if I have found favour in Thy sight, show unto me Thy face.
15. Benedic anima mea Domino, et omnia quæ intra me sunt nomini sancto Ejus.
O my soul, and all that is within me, bless ye our Lord, and praise His holy name.
16. Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore, semper laus Ejus in ore meo.
I will bless our Lord at all times, His praise shall ever be in my mouth.
17. Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dominus Deus Sabaoth; pleni sunt coeli et terra majestatis gloriæ Tuæ.
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Sabaoth; heaven and earth are full of the majesty of Thy glory.
18. Deus, Deus, meus respice in me; quare me dereliquisti?
O my God, my God, look upon me; why hast Thou forsaken me?
19. Deus meus, adjutor meus, sperabo in Te.
O my God, my Helper, I will hope in Thee.
20. Domine in coelo misericordia Tua, et veritas Tua usque ad nubes.
O Lord, Thy mercy is in heaven, and Thy truth reacheth to the clouds.
21. Ad Te levavi oculos meos qui habitas in coelis.
To Thee have I lifted up mine eyes, who dwellest in heaven.
22. Dilectus meus mihi et ego Illi.
My Beloved is mine, and I am His.
23. Regnum Tuum regnum omnium sæculorum, et dominatio Tua in omni generatione et generatione.
Thy kingdom is a kingdom for ever, and Thy reign is for all generations and generations.
24. Vulnerasti cor meum Sponse mi, vulnerasti cor meum.
Thou hast wounded my heart, my Spouse, Thou hast wounded my heart.
25. Adjuro vas filiæ Jerusalem, si inveneritis dilectum meum, ut nuntietis Ei quia amore langueo.
I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you shall find my Beloved, tell Him that I languish with love.
26. Veni dilecte mi, veni.
Come, Thou my Beloved, come.
27. Quo abiit dilectus tuus? quo declinavit dilectus tuus? et quæremus eum tecum.
Whither is thy Beloved gone? whither is thy Beloved turned aside? and we will seek Him with thee.
28. Quis mihi det ut inveniam Te et deosculer Te?
Who shall procure unto me, that I may find Thee and kiss Thee?
29. Trahe me post Te, curremus in odorem unguentorum Tuorum.
Draw me after Thee, we shall run in the odour of Thine ointments.
30. Indica mihi quem diligit anima mea, ubi pascas, ubi cubes.
Thou whom my soul loveth, show unto me where Thou dost eat, where Thou dost lodge.
31. Ostende mihi faciem Tuam; sonet vox Tua in auribus meis.
Show me Thy face; let Thy voice sound in mine ears.
32. Quæsivi quem diligit anima mea, quæsivi Illum et non inveni.
I have sought for Him whom my soul loveth; I have sought for Him, and have not found Him.
33. Paululum cum transissem, inveni quem diligit anim mea.
When I had gone a little farther, I found Him whom my soul loveth.
34. Anima mea liquefacta est, ut locutus est mihi.
My soul melted as He spoke to me.
35. Diligam te Domine fortitudo mea, firmamentum meum, et refugium et liberator meus.
I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength, my firm foundation, my refuge, and my deliverer.
36. Illumina oculos meos ne unquam obdormiam in morte: ne quando dicat inimicus meus, prævalui adversus eum.
Enlighten mine eyes, that I may never sleep in death; lest mine enemy may come at length to say, I have prevailed against him.
37. Dignus es Tu Domine Deus accipere gloriam et honorem et virtutem et benedictionem.
Thou art worthy, O Lord God, to have glory and honour and power and praise.
38. Confiteantur Tibi Domine omnia opera Tua, et sancti Tui benedicant Tibi.
Let Thy works, O Lord, confess unto Thee, and let Thy Saints praise Thee.
39. Si oportuerit me mori non te negabo.
Though I were to die for it, yet I would not deny Thee.
40. Jesu, Jesu, Jesu, &c. Non dimittam Te nisi benediceris mihi.
I will not let Thee go till Thou hast blessed me.
41. Miserere mei Deus, miserere mei, quoniam in Te confidit anima mea.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, have mercy on me, because my soul doth confide in Thee.
42. Beati qui habitant in domo tua Domine, in sæcula sæculorum laudabunt Te.
Blessed are they who dwell in Thy house, O Lord; they praise Thee for ever and ever.
43. O all my hope!
44. O all my glory!
45. O all my refuge, and all my joy!
46. O life of my soul, and the pleasant repose of my spirit!
47. Mortify in me whatsoever displeaseth Thy sight, and make me according to Thy Heart.
48. Wound me, O Lord, wound the most inward part of my soul with the darts of Thy love,
49. And make me drunk with the wine of Thy perfect charity.
50. When shall all die in me which is contrary to Thee?
51. When shall I live to be no more mine own?
52. When shall nothing else live in me, but Thou, O Jesus?
53. When shall the flames of Thy love wholly consume me?
54. When shall I be altogether melted and pierced through with the wonderful efficacy of Thy sweetness?
55. When wilt Thou free me from all these impediments and distractions, and make me one spirit with Thee, that I may not any more depart from Thee?
56. O dearly beloved! O dearly beloved of my soul!
57. O sweetness of my heart!
58. O God of my soul, why guidest not Thou Thyself to Thy poor creature?
59. Thou fillest heaven and earth, and wilt Thou leave my heart empty?
60. Too late have I known Thee, O infinite goodness!
61. Too late have I loved Thee, O beauty so ancient and so new!
62. Woe to me, I have loved Thee not!
63. Blind I was that I saw Thee not.
64. Thou wert within me, and I went, seeking Thee abroad;
65. But now that I have found Thee, though late, suffer not, good Lord, that I ever leave Thee. Amen. Amen. Amen.