Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (n.) One who, or that which, stretches.
2. (n.) A brick or stone laid with its longer dimension in the line of direction of the wall.
3. (n.) A piece of timber used in building.
4. (n.) A narrow crosspiece of the bottom of a boat against which a rower braces his feet.
5. (n.) A crosspiece placed between the sides of a boat to keep them apart when hoisted up and griped.
6. (n.) A litter, or frame, for carrying disabled, wounded, or dead persons.
7. (n.) An overstretching of the truth; a lie.
8. (n.) One of the rods in an umbrella, attached at one end to one of the ribs, and at the other to the tube sliding upon the handle.
9. (n.) An instrument for stretching boots or gloves.
Greek2826. klinidion -- a small couch
... litter of a sick person. Word Origin dim. of kline Definition a small couch
NASB Word Usage stretcher (2). bed. Neuter of a presumed ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/2826.htm - 6k
Strong's Hebrew4670. miphtan -- threshold
... threshold. From the same as pethen; a stretcher, ie A sill -- threshold. see HEBREW
pethen. 4669, 4670. miphtan. 4671 . Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/4670.htm - 6k
The Story of one Furlough (1908-1910)
Jesus Raises the Widow's Son.
In Death and after Death
ThesaurusStretcher (3 Occurrences)
...Stretcher (3 Occurrences). ... Luke 7:14 And he came near, and put his hand on the stretcher
where the dead man was: and those who were moving it came to a stop. ...
/s/stretcher.htm - 8k
Stretches (14 Occurrences)
Litter (1 Occurrence)
Moving (117 Occurrences)
Bond (32 Occurrences)
Stretchedst (1 Occurrence)
Stop (108 Occurrences)
Dead (580 Occurrences)
Bible ConcordanceStretcher (3 Occurrences)
Luke 5:19 Not finding a way to bring him in because of the multitude, they went up to the housetop, and let him down through the tiles with his cot into the midst before Jesus.
Luke 5:24 And that ye may know that the Son of Man hath authority upon the earth to forgive sins -- (he said to the one struck with palsy) -- I say to thee, Arise, and having taken up thy little couch, be going on to thy house.'
Luke 7:14 And he came near, and put his hand on the stretcher where the dead man was: and those who were moving it came to a stop. And he said, Young man, I say to you, Get up.
LinksBible Concordance • Bible Dictionary • Bible Encyclopedia • Topical Bible • Bible Thesuarus