You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?…
I. That THERE IS A STANDARD of good and evil.
1. It is fixed.
2. It is just.
3. It is evidenced by experience.
4. It is knowable.
5. It is practical.
II. By this standard GOD WILL JUDGE.
1. Men cannot plead ignorance, it being written in the hearts of those who have not the Scriptures.
2. Judgment will not be according to profession.
3. Nor with respect of persons.
4. Conscience approves these principles.
5. The Holy Spirit will, if we ask, teach us the will of God.
III. By this standard CHRISTIANS ARE TO judge.
1. False prophets must needs be, they are foretold, and are busy perverting the truth.
2. We must judge them by the Word of God.
Parallel VersesKJV: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?