And He kindleth against me His anger, And reckoneth me to Him as His adversaries.
Job 19:11 Additional TranslationsClarke's Commentary on the Bible
And he counteth me unto him as one of his enemies - From the seventh to the thirteenth verse there seems to be an allusion to a hostile invasion, battles, sieges, etc.
1. A neighboring chief, without provocation, invades his neighbor's territories, and none of his friends will come to his help. "I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard," Job 19:7.
2. The foe has seized on all the passes, and he is hemmed up. "He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass," Job 19:8.
3. He has surprised and carried by assault the regal city, seized and possessed the treasures. "He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head," Job 19:9.
4. All his armies are routed in the field, and his strong places carried. "He hath destroyed me on every side," Job 19:10.
5. The enemy proceeds to the greatest length of outrage, wasting every thing with fire and sword. "He hath kindled his wrath against me, and treateth me like one of his adversaries, Job 19:11.
6. He is cooped up in a small camp with the wrecks of his army; and in this he is closely besieged by all the power of his foes, who encompass the place, and raise forts against it. "His troops come together, and raise up their way against me, and encamp round about my tabernacle."
7. Not receiving any assistance from friends or neighbors, he abandons all hope of being able to keep the field, escapes with the utmost difficulty, and is despised and neglected by his friends and domestics because he has been unfortunate. "I am escaped with the skin of my teeth," Job 19:20. "My kinsfolk have failed-all my intimate friends abhorred me," Job 19:14-19.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in my anger, and shall burn to the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase...
Psalm 89:46 How long, LORD? will you hide yourself for ever? shall your wrath burn like fire?
Psalm 90:7 For we are consumed by your anger, and by your wrath are we troubled.
Job 13:24 Why hide you your face, and hold me for your enemy?
Job 16:9 He tears me in his wrath, who hates me: he gnashes on me with his teeth; my enemy sharpens his eyes on me.
Job 33:10 Behold, he finds occasions against me, he counts me for his enemy,
Lamentations 2:5 The LORD was as an enemy: he has swallowed up Israel, he has swallowed up all her palaces: he has destroyed his strong holds...
Job 19:11 Parallel CommentariesAdversaries Adversary Anger Burning Burns Considered Counted Counteth Counts Enemies Enemy Haters Kindled Kindleth WrathAdversaries Adversary Anger Burning Burns Considered Counted Counteth Counts Enemies Enemy Haters Kindled Kindleth WrathTHE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.
Job 19:11 Mobile Bible
Job 19:11 Bible Suite
Job 19:11 Biblia Paralela
Job 19:11 Chinese Bible