Strong's Hebrew4578. meeh -- internal organs, inward parts, belly
... root probably meaning to be soft; used only in plural the intestines, or (collectively)
the abdomen, figuratively, sympathy; by implication, a vest; by extens. ...
/hebrew/4578.htm - 6k
Not Seldom, Clad in Radiant Vest,
Begins Preaching at Beech Grove. Debates with Elder Hiner. Amusing ...
The Relative Positions of the Pleroma the Region of Achamoth, and ...
The Babe that I Carry Carries Me, Saith Mary, and He Has Lowered ...
Letter xv. To Pope Damasus.
Love's Triumph in John Wannamaker's Sunday School.
Then Midas, King of Pessinus, Wishing to Withdraw the Youth from ...
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary1. (n.) An article of clothing covering the person; an outer garment; a vestment; a dress; a vesture; a robe.
2. (n.) Any outer covering; array; garb.
3. (n.) Specifically, a waistcoat, or sleeveless body garment, for men, worn under the coat.
4. (n.) To clothe with, or as with, a vestment, or garment; to dress; to robe; to cover, surround, or encompass closely.
5. (n.) To clothe with authority, power, or the like; to put in possession; to invest; to furnish; to endow; -- followed by with before the thing conferred; as, to vest a court with power to try cases of life and death.
6. (n.) To place or give into the possession or discretion of some person or authority; to commit to another; -- with in before the possessor; as, the power of life and death is vested in the king, or in the courts.
7. (n.) To invest; to put; as, to vest money in goods, land, or houses.
8. (n.) To clothe with possession; as, to vest a person with an estate; also, to give a person an immediate fixed right of present or future enjoyment of; as, an estate is vested in possession.
9. (v. i.) To come or descend; to be fixed; to take effect, as a title or right; -- followed by in; as, upon the death of the ancestor, the estate, or the right to the estate, vests in the heir at law.
ThesaurusVest (11 Occurrences)
... with authority, power, or the like; to put in possession; to invest; to furnish;
to endow; -- followed by with before the thing conferred; as, to vest a court ...
/v/vest.htm - 11k
Colours (20 Occurrences)
Discern (49 Occurrences)
Buck (23 Occurrences)
Slaughtered (72 Occurrences)
Slaughter (121 Occurrences)
Cloak (73 Occurrences)
Carried (327 Occurrences)
Vestibule (36 Occurrences)
Vessel's (1 Occurrence)
Bible ConcordanceVest (11 Occurrences)
Genesis 37:3 And Israel loved Joseph more than all his sons, because he was son of his old age; and he made him a vest of many colours.
Genesis 37:23 And it came to pass when Joseph came to his brethren, that they stripped Joseph of his vest, the vest of many colours, which he had on;
Genesis 37:31 And they took Joseph's vest, and slaughtered a buck of the goats, and dipped the vest in the blood;
Genesis 37:32 and they sent the vest of many colours and had it carried to their father, and said, This have we found: discern now whether it is thy son's vest or not.
Genesis 37:33 And he discerned it, and said, It is my son's vest! an evil beast has devoured him: Joseph is without doubt rent in pieces!
Exodus 28:4 And these are the garments which they shall make: a breastplate, and an ephod, and a cloak, and a checkered vest, a turban, and a girdle; and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may serve me as priest.
Exodus 28:39 And thou shalt weave the vest of byssus; and thou shalt make a turban of byssus; and thou shalt make a girdle of embroidery.
Leviticus 8:7 And he put upon him the vest and girded him with the girdle, and clothed him with the cloak, and put the ephod on him, and he girded him with the girdle of the ephod, and fastened the ephod on him.
Leviticus 16:4 A holy linen vest shall he put on, and linen trousers shall be upon his flesh, and he shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired: these are holy garments; and he shall bathe his flesh in water, and put them on.
2 Samuel 13:18 Now she had a vest of many colours upon her; for so were the king's daughters that were virgins apparelled. And his attendant brought her out, and bolted the door after her.
2 Samuel 13:19 And Tamar put ashes on her head, and rent her vest of many colours which was on her, and laid her hand on her head, and went away, crying out as she went.
LinksBible Concordance • Bible Dictionary • Bible Encyclopedia • Topical Bible • Bible Thesuarus