Greek4614. Sina -- Sinai, a mountain probably on the Sinai Peninsula ... Sinai
, a mountain probably on the Sinai
Peninsula. Part of Speech: Proper Noun,
Indeclinable Transliteration: Sina Phonetic Spelling: (see-nah') Short Definition ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/4614.htm - 6k
3099. Madiam -- Midian, a region of Arabia
... Madiam Phonetic Spelling: (mad-ee-on') Short Definition: Midian Definition: (Hebrew),
Midian, generally taken to mean or to include the peninsula of Sinai. ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3099.htm - 6k
Strong's Hebrew5512b. Sin -- wilderness between Elim and Sinai....
5512a, 5512b. Sin. 5513 . wilderness between Elim and Sinai
Word Origin of
foreign origin Definition wilderness between Elim and Sinai
. 5512a, 5512b. ... /hebrew/5512b.htm - 5k
2722. Choreb -- "waste," a mountain in Sinai
... 2721b, 2722. Choreb. 2723 . "waste," a mountain in Sinai. Transliteration:
Choreb Phonetic Spelling: (kho-rabe') Short Definition: Horeb. ...
/hebrew/2722.htm - 6k
4785. Marah -- a bitter spring in the Sinai peninsula
... 4784, 4785. Marah. 4786 . a bitter spring in the Sinai peninsula. Transliteration:
Marah Phonetic Spelling: (maw-raw') Short Definition: Marah. ...
/hebrew/4785.htm - 6k
6290. Paran -- a place in Sinai
... 6289, 6290. Paran. 6291 . a place in Sinai. Transliteration: Paran Phonetic
Spelling: (paw-rawn') Short Definition: Paran. Word ...
/hebrew/6290.htm - 6k
3837b. Laban -- a place in the Sinai desert
... 3837a, 3837b. Laban. 3837c . a place in the Sinai desert. Transliteration:
Laban Short Definition: Laban. Word Origin from laben ...
/hebrew/3837b.htm - 5k
5514. Sinay -- the mountain where the law was given
... 5513, 5514. Sinay. 5515 . the mountain where the law was given. Transliteration:
Sinay Phonetic Spelling: (see-nah'-ee) Short Definition: Sinai. ... Sinai. ...
/hebrew/5514.htm - 6k
The New Sinai
... ST. MATTHEW Chaps. I to VIII THE NEW SINAI. ... An unnamed mountain somewhere
on the Sea of Galilee is the Sinai of the new covenant. ...
/.../maclaren/expositions of holy scripture a/the new sinai.htm
From Sinai to Kadesh.
... Chapter VI. From Sinai to Kadesh. Ex.20-Num.14 Mount Sinai. There are differences
of opinion concerning the location of this mountain. ...
/.../tidwell/the bible period by period/chapter vi from sinai to.htm
From Egypt to Sinai.
... Chapter V. From Egypt to Sinai. Ex. Chs.1-19 Israel in Egypt. ... Ex.12:40 says they
were there 430 years and Paul (Gal.3:17) says 430 years from Abraham to Sinai. ...
/.../tidwell/the bible period by period/chapter v from egypt to.htm
June the Sixteenth Sinai and Calvary
... JUNE The Sixteenth SINAI AND CALVARY. HEBREWS xii.18-28. We need not live
at the foot of Mount Sinai. It is like living at the ...
/.../my daily meditation for the circling year/june the sixteenth sinai and.htm
Of the Appearance on Sinai. Whether the Trinity Spake in that ...
... Book II. Chapter 15."Of the Appearance on Sinai. Whether the Trinity Spake
in that Appearance or Some One Person Specially. 25. ...
/.../augustine/on the holy trinity/chapter 15 of the appearance on.htm
Sinai and Sion, Heb. 12 18 &C.
... Hymn 2:152. Sinai and Sion, Heb. 12. ... 1 Not to the terrors of the Lord, The tempest,
fire, and smoke, Not to the thunder of that word Which God on Sinai spoke; ...
/.../watts/hymns and spiritual songs/hymn 0 188888889 sinai and sion.htm
Moses Removed from Mount Sinai, and Conducted the People to the ...
... CHAPTER 13. Moses Removed From Mount Sinai, And Conducted The People To
The Borders Of The Canaanites. A Little while afterwards ...
/.../josephus/the antiquities of the jews/chapter 13 moses removed from.htm
Not to Sinai's Dreadful Blaze, Heb 12:18,22
... VIII. SHORT HYMNS: BEFORE SERMON. Hymn 94 Not to Sinai's dreadful blaze, Heb
12:18,22. John Newton 8,7,8,7. Not to Sinai's dreadful blaze, Heb 12:18,22. ...
//christianbookshelf.org/newton/olney hymns/hymn 94 not to sinais.htm
Sinai and Zion. Heb. 12:18Ff
... Hymns, Book II HYMN 152 Sinai and Zion. Heb. 12:18ff. CM Sinai and Zion.
Heb.12:18ff. Not to the terrors of the Lord,. The tempest, fire, and smoke; ...
/.../watts/the psalms and hymns of isaac watts/hymn 152 sinai and zion.htm
How Moses Ascended up to Mount Sinai, and Received Laws from God ...
... CHAPTER 5. How Moses Ascended Up To Mount Sinai, And Received Laws From
God, And Delivered Them To The Hebrews. 1. Now Moses called ...
/.../josephus/the antiquities of the jews/chapter 5 how moses ascended.htm
Condensed Biblical CyclopediaOn To Sinai
- Song of Triumph. Immediately after the hosts of Israel Had passed over the sea and their safety had been assured by the Destruction of their enemies, they celebrated the great event by a song Of triumph (Exodus 15:1-19). When we reflect that the population of Israel at this time was probably equal to the combined populations of New York and Brooklyn and that the encampment extended over a territory Of several miles in circumference, and when we think of the long night Of bondage through which they had passed, and when we listen to the Waves of the sea as they sing the requiem of their foes, wave answering To wave, until God's vengeance is satisfied, we may well conclude that No grander burst of song ever reverberated through the hills of time or Arose to the gates of Heaven!
- Marah. The waters were bitter at Marah. They were sweetened by The command of the Lord, and the assurance was given that the Lord Would care for and protect the obedient (Exodus 15:23-26).
- Elim. At this encampment the hosts of Israel drank of the twelve Refreshing wells, and rested under the cooling shade of the trees (Exodus 15:27).
- In the Wilderness of Sin. They arrived at Sin on the fifteenth Day of the second month, which was exactly one month after their Departure from Egypt (Exodus 12:1-37; Exodus 16:1; Numbers 33:3). During this encampment,
- they murmured against Moses and Aaron (Exodus 16:2),
- manna and quails were given to prove their faith (Exodus 16:3-15),
- a Sabbath was kept, and it was attested by the Lord in giving a double portion of manna on the sixth day, withholding it on the seventh, and preserving the supply kept for that day (Exodus 16:16-30),
- a pot of manna was filled for future generations (Exodus 16:32-35).
- Rephidim. At this encampment,
- the people complained at Moses because of the scarcity of water;
- at the Lord's command, Moses smote the rock and the water gushed out, and the place was called "Massah" and "Meribah," because the children of Israel tempted the Lord and asked if He were among them or not;
- they fought their first battle and Joshua distinguished himself as leader;
- and Moses set up the memorial altar, and recorded the threat of destruction against the Amalekites (Exodus 17:1-16).
- Jethro. The account of the visit of Jethro is doubtless out of Its order. The fact is, the exact time cannot be determined. When Moses Departed from Egypt he took his wife and sons with him (Exodus 4:19,20). At some point on the journey he sent them back. This probably occurred After the exciting episode at the inn (Exodus 4:24-26). During the encampment at Sinai, Jethro brought the family of Moses into the camp (Exodus 18:1-6). Jethro was a priest or prince, and as he was a descendant of Abraham (Genesis 25:1,2; Exodus 2:15-21), he was in all probability a worshipper of God. Indeed, he plainly showed this in his conduct at Mount Sinai (Exodus 18:1-13) He found Moses engaged in the immense undertaking of judging the people (Exodus 18:13-17). At his suggestion Moses inaugurated a system that for wisdom and practicality cannot be Improved. It consisted of wise men who were to be,
- rulers over tens,
- rulers over fifties,
- rulers over hundreds,
- rulers over thousands,
- and Moses to be the final court of appeal.
After leaving the impress of his mighty character upon the government Of Israel, Jethro departed to his own country (Exodus 13:17-27).
On This Wise
On To Canaan
On To Sinai
On: A Leader of the Reubenites Who Rebelled Against Moses
On: Capitol of Lower Egypt
• Bible Dictionary
• Bible Encyclopedia
• Topical Bible
• Bible Thesuarus